Monday 1 August 2011

Milestones....

What are these? Coming soon....

Well, I may have forgotten to mark my blog's 3rd anniversary, but this post is my 300th, so I'm going to celebrate that instead.

I'm more of a sprinter (figuratively speaking only - you wouldn't catch me sprinting for anything but the bus, and only then if absolutely necessary) than a marathon runner - the initial phase of a project is far more exciting than seeing it through to the end, and anything that doesn't have an end, well, I'm not even likely to start. Which makes it all the more surprising that three years and 300 posts later I'm still doing this blogging thing.

Why? Well, I don't have any deep and meaningful or philosophical thoughts on this really, but I guess the reason why I'm still doing it is that I love the interaction it brings. I absolutely love reading  the comments that people leave on my blog (although I'm not as good at replying to them as I should be) and I love the conversations that I have with other people through their blogs. There are definitely some bloggers out there that I feel I know through their blogs, and I love the sense of community that I feel when I make something and automatically think 'so-and-so would love this...' Even if they are never going to be able to have my version of it, I can inspire them to make their own.


I like the feedback I get from my colleagues but I love the feeling that here, there are many like-minded people reading and making suggestions from experience that I can learn from. And that when I post pictures like the one above, you don't all think I'm mad for owning so many books. Cookery books :-) Let's hope I carry on for a while yet because there are an awful lot of recipes to get through in that lot!


The other milestone is my birthday (a few days ago now) - not a big one really, but every birthday is a milestone in the journey of life. So who am I? Well, this is T and I many years ago...... enjoying a holiday in France.

14 comments:

sonia said...

I love that you own so many books! I do, too! And that last pic is darling!

Suelle said...

Happy belated birthday! I don't have as much time to spend on blogging, as I used to, at the moment, but even if I don't get round to commenting, I'm still reading and appreciating!

Unknown said...

Ah happy birthday. Happy blog birthday and happy 300 postaversary! All wonderful stuff and you know what you can do with those cook book...

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

Many, many happy returns C on the blogging, posting and real birthday! Hope you've had some lovely celebrations!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday in all the different ways! Love your bookshelves picture, one day I will have to post a picture of mine...eek!

Chele said...

That certainly is a lot of milestones! Happy birthday and well done on your 3rd birthday for your blog, 300 posts is quite an effort too. You must be exhausted!

Anne said...

Happy 300th! Isn't it amazing when you realise just how much you've posted?! Where has the time gone?!

And no you're not mad, my bookshelves look remarkably similar! (or that makes us both mad hmmm...!)

Happy belated birthday too!

x

Joanna @ Zeb Bakes said...

Happy 300th Post - love the camping picture and the shelves of cook books. I always love reading your blog and hearing your voice shining through loud and clear. You've done a wonderful job here and I hope you keep going for as long as you find it rewarding xx Joanna

Caroline said...

Sonia - thanks for leaving a comment!

Suelle - thank you! I know what you mean - I quite often wish I had more time to blog, and especially to comment on other people's blogs.

Dom - thank you. And yes, I know what I need to do with those books too. Hopefully I'll enter again this month!

Baking teacher - thanks! I'll look forward to seeing your bookshelves!

Chele - thanks!

Anne - I'm happy to be mad with you! Thanks for commenting!

Joanna - thank you! I always love reading your blog, so I'm glad you enjoy mine too. I hope I'll continue to find it rewarding, because that's a good reason to keep doing it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I agree wholeheartedly about the community thing - it's great to think ''ooh, blogger X will love this'' even when they're someone you've never met on the other side of the world. And I don't think you're mad to own all those books, I think you're lucky!

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th! Happy Birthday! Love catching up on what's happening in your kitchen on the other side of the world, C! :)

Choclette said...

Oh C, well done. Three years is a long time. Wishing you a rather belated Happy Birthday, 300th post and third blogiversary. Look forward to at least another 3 years ;-)

Alicia Foodycat said...

Happy birthday and happy 300 posts. It is a milestone! Without the interaction with other bloggers, I honestly wouldn't bother either.

Caroline said...

Lucy - thank you! I'm glad you don't think I'm mad!

Celia - thank you!

Choclette - thank you for the birthday wishes! I'm looking forward to the years to come too!

Foodycat - thank you. It's definitely all about the interaction!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...