Thursday 1 July 2010

Stone fruit yogurt cake revisited


Still a stunning cake, and on a pretty regular rotation! I made this again with apricots and strawberries that I had left over. Lining the tin with foil was definitely a good idea this time given the amount of juice produced, using the strawberries less so! I used Total greek yogurt this time, which always seems to work well.


So this post is a reminder of a fantastic cake, also blogged about here and here, and original recipe here but also a note to myself that it is probably called stone fruit yogurt cake for a reason - they tend to exude less juice than other fruits. I think you could use any pretty dry fruit with a high degree of success. Raspberries also seem to work, and I imagine blackcurrants and redcurrants would too, but my advice would be to steer clear of strawberries. Although delicious the cake base/top where the fruit is was rather wet!

5 comments:

JD said...

This looks like something I'm definitely going to try to make some time very soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the photos.

Chele said...

Strawberries have a habit of doing that don't they. I roasted some last year to put in scones which worked pretty well, maybe that would help with this cake too? In any case it still looks pretty good to me ;0)

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial said...

Looks delicious - what an interesting purple colour the strawbs have gone on baking!

Caroline said...

JD, let me know if you try it!

Chele - I tried roasting some strawberries rather unsuccessfully a few weeks ago and was stunned by the amount of juice they lost in the process!!!

Celia - I think the purple is a combination of slightly dodgy lighting and poor white balance!!! They were more red in real life, but dark red rather than bright.

cocoa and coconut said...

it's beautiful, and so vibrant. ill defintely be making it soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...