Wednesday 14 March 2012

Jam Buttermilk Muffins


Brief note to self - don't bother making these again, there are better ways of using up a tub of buttermilk. I seem to be having a run of making things that just aren't quite to my taste at the moment. Hope I snap out of it soon, very frustrating!


The recipe came from 'Muffins - Fast and Fantastic'. It's the basic buttermilk muffin recipe with a tsp of morello cherry jam added before baking. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with the recipe, it just isn't to my taste. Not quite sweet enough I think, and when the muffins were baked there was a slightly odd (and offputting) appearance to the tops of them.

Eaten up happily at work, which goes to show that everyone's tastes differ.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Always disappointing when things don't quite live up to your expectations! I think they look quite good, but that may just be your expert food styling ;-)

Anna's kitchen table said...

They look good, shame you were disappointed!

Caroline said...

Janice - thanks! I'm having a run of stuff I just don't really like at the moment!

Anna - they do look ok, and I'm sure they were ok, just not great! I'm being fussy!

Anonymous said...

They look pretty good to me - I've tried making jam-filled muffins before and the jam always sinks to the bottom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...